Learning about herbs to Get Your Health Back is worth the time invested. What most people don’t realize is that Not Every Health Problem Is A Medical Problem.
Health Problems Are Lifestyle Problems. And plants are the most excellent remedies for health problems we will all have to experience in life.
Get familiar with the power of plants.
PMS / menopause. Wild yam: Anti-inflammatory, internally and externally
Muscle Aches and Inflammation: Wild yam, Comfrey, White Willow Bark
Anxiety: Catnip, hops, valerian root, chamomile, skullcap
Make Your Own Teas. Leaves or flowers are used for teas
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of the leaves, or ½ teaspoon of powder.
3. Cover and set off the fire to steep for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Strain and drink fresh for most teas. Some can be stored. Most can be made once in the morning for the whole day.
Make Your Own Decoctions. Roots, stems, berries, and bark are used for decoctions.
1. Get the material finely divided such as in a powder or chopped (this can be done with a blender).
2. Use one heaping tablespoonful of the herb for medicinal tea in one quart of water.
3. Simmer gently for 5-25 minutes. Do not overcook. Strain. Cool and drink, or store in the refrigerator.
Make an Extract Using Vinegar or Alcohol
1. Use any commercial vinegar or grain alcohol. For external use only, you may use ordinary rubbing alcohol.
2. Mix one ounce of the herb with one pint of the extracting solution.
3. Swirl once or twice a day for 2 to 3 weeks, at which time the extract will have reached its full potency.
4. Strain and squeeze out all the fluid possible.
5. If using alcohol, mix with sufficient water to make a 30% solution. If you must use a beverage alcohol, remember that 60 proof is 30%, or half the proof.
You can treat digestion problems or even fever.
You can also make a tea to treat flu, colds, and cough.
These are great for your joints and digestion, as well as for kidneys or various infections.
It can treat various rashes on the skin, inflammation, dryness, and other problems, as well as burns
It can also be used, on wounds for medical purposes.
It smells good and can be great for your hair.
The cumin seeds keep your heart healthy.
It positively affects your brain, and maintains healthy levels of glucose in the blood.
It kills germs, and keeps up the health of your gums.
Garlic has many healing properties, and it spices up the food.
It is good for your fresh breath; it can help to cope with fever and heal the stomach.
It calms your nerves.
Used to tame ear pain, sores or a sore throat.
You can use it to get rid of the muscle pain.
Want to start using plants to heal your body, prevent disease & look your best? Schedule a consult with Coach Glenda, Nurse Caregiver